Corel Corporation and its subsidiaries are pleased to announce the updated version of Corel WordPerfect 3.5 for Macintosh and Power Macintosh. The new Corel version includes a large collection of popular clipart, photos, sounds and fonts, along with MasterJuggler Pro, the comprehensive font management utility. Language tools for writing in Spanish, French and German are also included. The product is expected to ship by the end of August.
Corel WordPerfect 3.5 is an updated version of the two time Eddy award-winning WordPerfect 3.5, previously shipped by Novell, Inc. WordPerfect was the first word processor to ship as accelerated for Power Macintosh and is an established leader in support for Apple technologies.
``Corel is excited about the business prospects we see for supporting the Macintosh platform. We think the Mac will play a major role in our future,'' said Dr. Michael Cowpland, president and chief executive officer of Corel Corporation. ``WordPerfect for Macintosh has traditionally given users greater choice and flexibility in utilizing new Apple technologies and Corel will continue to be the industry leader in word processing innovation.''
The new Corel package includes a collection of more than 150 TrueType fonts, 5400 clip art images, 187 textures, 67 sounds and 200 stock photos. For managing new fonts and sounds, MasterJuggler(TM) 2.0 Pro, the comprehensive font, sound and desk accessory utility, is also provided. Spanish, French and German language tools including a spell checker and thesaurus - previously sold separately - are now also included in the new Corel package.
To continue helping users put the Internet to work, Corel has included the updated Netscape Navigator browser version 2.02. Updated HTML features include an HTML button bar and macros for creating custom HTML forms and borders. Also, the HTML export now converts PICT images to JPEG format for easy viewing on the World Wide Web.
Corel WordPerfect 3.5 easily converts many popular document types including Microsof Word versions 4, 5, and 6, RTF (Rich Text Format) and Corel WordPerfect 7 for Windows 95. A non-WordPerfect document can be opened directly from the desktop into WordPerfect via support for Macintosh Easy Open. Additional document types can be converted through support for XTND and MacLink Plus conversion filters.
Highlights of Corel WordPerfect 3.5 include:
- Updated ruler interface
- Print Envelope Feature
- Automated Templates
- Make It Fit(TM)
- Text to Speech with MacinTalk(TM) (System 7.5 only)
- Bookmarks with hyperlinks
- Internet Publishing Tools, with HTML import and export
Corel is committed to providing Macintosh users with word processing innovation by continuing its leadership in support of new Macintosh technologies, attention to the Macintosh interface and strong commitment to the Macintosh platform. Corel WordPerfect 3.5 for Macintosh will continue to set new standards for Macintosh business applications and add support for OpenDoc functionality and Macintosh OS 8 in future releases of Corel WordPerfect for Macintosh.
Corel WordPerfect 3.5 for Macintosh is available for a suggested retail price of $249 US. WordPerfect users may upgrade for a suggested retail price of $89 US, with competitive upgrades available for the same price. Qualifying products include, but are not limited to, Microsoft Word, MacWrite Pro, Claris Works, Nisus Writer, Now Write, and Full Write.
Current WordPerfect 3.5 users will be able to download an update installer from the Corel web site (www.corel.com), America Online, CompuServe, FTP, or Corel's BBS. The update installer will only update current versions of 3.5 and does not include the new fonts, graphics, sounds, or MasterJuggler Pro font utility.
Corel is the only software vendor to offer free, unlimited technical support (toll charges apply) for the life of the product. (Life of the product is defined as the time between product introduction - up to and including - six months after product is no longer sold by Corel). WordPerfect for Macintosh support can be reached at (801) 765-4020.
Corel also offers these additional support options:
- IVAN: Corel's Interactive Voice Answering Network provides customers with instant access to the most current product information available. Customer can obtain this service 24-hours a day, 365 days a year by calling (801) 765-4038. (Toll charges apply)
- Bulletin Board Service (BBS): A 24-hour product information and program file resource that may be accessed at the following number: (801) 221-5197. For an explanation of how to access and use the BBS, call (801) 765-4033.
- Fax on Demand Service: Customers may obtain faxed information by calling (801) 765-4037.
- Searchable Knowledge Base: Access the same knowledge base used by Corel's own customer support department to find ``how to'' information and solutions for known problems. Available on the World Wide Web .
- WPMac News: This monthly online newsletter is written by Corel's WordPerfect Macintosh support team. Each month they share tips & tricks, work arounds, discuss common calls, and highlight a new feature each month. You can find the newsletter here.
Download the update now.
Return to today's headlines
Copyright 1997 - 2008
GVP.DSJ Inc Web Development & GetMeOnTop SEO & Search Optimization NYC