Peachtree Software began shipping Peachtree Business Internet Suite, a retail product that enables small companies to quickly and easily conduct business on the Internet.
It is the first retail product that enables small businesses to take orders over the Internet, review the orders, and then place the orders into their accounting packages.
"Peachtree Business Internet Suite helps companies build a presence on the World Wide Web, allowing small businesses to immediately seize electronic commerce opportunities," said Ron Verni, president of Peachtree Software. "We're confident that Peachtree Business Internet Suite, like our accounting software products, will help users expand their business operations in an inexpensive and manageable manner."
Offering six programs in one package, Peachtree Business Internet Suite includes a comprehensive tutorial, Web site creation software, Internet access with the popular browser, Netscape Navigator, electronic transaction capabilities with integration to Peachtree Complete Accounting for Windows via PeachLink order processor, and email. To facilitate the online ordering process further, the product provides a secure environment for sending and receiving credit card data.
"Establishing a presence in the marketplace is a key factor in generating sales," Verni said. "Peachtree Business Internet Suite makes that presence a reality for small businesses, enabling them to advertise, take orders, access information, and find new customers, all from their home offices or business locations."
Peachtree and Harbinger Corporation (HRBC) formed a strategic partnership in which Harbinger, one of the largest electronic commerce providers in the world, supplies the Web site creation software for the product and provides Web hosting services.
Peachtree Business Internet Suite is easy to use. It is a fully integrated package that performs the following critical steps necessary to do business on the Internet:
1. Allows businesses to advertise 24 hours a day with Web site creation tool by Harbinger.
- After answering a few on-screen questions, small businesses can simply point and click to create their Web sites, without having any programming knowledge or design experience.
- Integrated hosting service provides one-click publishing and provides users with reports detailing who has visited their Web sites.
- Domain name and search engine registration ensure that the new sites will be found quickly and easily by prospective customers worldwide.
2. Enables companies to conduct and transact business on the Internet, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Online ordering capabilities allow customers and prospects to place orders directly over the Internet. In addition, Peachtree Business Internet Suite is complete with credit card transaction capabilities, providing users with a secure environment for sending and receiving credit card information.
- PeachLink(TM) order processor allows users to download orders from the Internet. Peachtree users have an extra bonus since new customers and Internet orders automatically can be added to the Peachtree Complete Accounting for Windows, eliminating all re-keying.
3. Provides quick and easy access to a wealth of information that can help companies better manage their businesses.
- Netscape Navigator web browser and integrated Net Access lets small businesses explore the Web, giving them access through local dial-up connections throughout the continental United States.
- E-mail facilitates communications with customers and vendors, without leaving their locations.
4. Educates small businesses so they can take advantage of new business opportunities on the Internet.
- Peachtree's Internet Tutorial gives a glossary of the most commonly used Internet terms.
- The package also includes a special edition of the book, "How Your Business Can Profit from the Online Revolution."
The product is available in retail outlets for only $129. This price includes free web hosting for 30 days and five free hours of Internet access for the first month. After that, Internet access is optional for $9.95 per month, which includes the five hours of access, with additional hours charged at $1.99 per hour. Domain level (www.yourcompany.com) web hosting is available for $79.95 a month, with a one-time fee of $150 for domain name registration. There are no additional fees for processing online orders. Sales inquiries should be directed to Peachtree Software 1-800-247-3224. Or visit Peachtree Software online .
Return to today's headlines
Copyright 1997 - 2008
GVP.DSJ Inc Web Development & GetMeOnTop SEO & Search Optimization NYC